Monday, January 25, 2016

Today's Rabbit Holes: Storify and Snagit

Learning about all the digital tools out there is certainly amusing, at times, and also frustrating. And did I mention time-consuming?

Today I managed to spend at least an hour making Snagit demos for my creative writing students and uploading them to YouTube. First, I decided that I needed to get rid of the Yahoo screen that I somehow added to all of my new tabs (clicked the wrong button? said yes to the wrong pop up?) because it wouldn't allow me to Snagit. That deleted Snagit from my Chrome bar, of course, so I had to reinstall it. Then the sound didn't work right. Blah blah blah -- you know how this story goes.

An hour later, I managed to do this: How to Create a Blogspot Blog.

Then I logged in to my TweetDeck and once again got lost in the shuffle. I just can't read backwards in time.  Q: is there any way to change that so that I can read posts from the earliest to the latest?

Someone somewhere along the way mentioned Storify so I decided to investigate that. I added the extension to my Chrome and diddled around for a while before making the (duh)scovery that I needed to create yet another account for myself with yet another password. (Add to the time-consuming element the need to remember all of these new accounts and passwords ... yesterday, to simplify my life, I logged into my long neglected Tumblr account in order to delete it. My last log in? 600+ days ago. Ugh.)

Another while later, this is the result: Here's my silly Storify thing. Not sure how this is going to work for me, if at all, but have discovered three friends using it, so perhaps I'll have to find their stuff one of these days.

Oh, and I also created a website for myself this weekend, which will prove to be another timesuck. But that's material for another day/hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment